Even though the split AC and window AC units are small, there is no limit to the size of the cold room. We have provided very huge cold rooms as can be seen in this photo. As the size of the cold room increases, the number of AC units will increase.
Features of our cooling units for cold storages:
- You will save up to 40% on initial cost.
- You will save up to 50% on monthly electricity charges.
- There is no annual or monthly maintenance required.
- It can work on small generators or solar panels
- We provide 2 years warranty.
Cheap industrial & warehouse cold room
We have our own design calculation to achieve your desired temperature. As mentioned elsewhere, we recommend a door opening frequency of maximum 6 times per hour. You can use such cold stores for any of your applications at a positive temperature.
We are using split AC or window units of 24000 BTU/Hr capacity for these cold units.
How to convert an existing room or warehouse into a cold storage?
If you want to convert an existing room into a cold storage, we will provide necessary technical support and the required materials for the same.
You can insulate the inner walls of the room and improve the thermal insulation. We will provide insulation material in rolls, which you can fit inside the walls. You can convert a brick wall room, concrete wall room, GI sheet walled room or even a wooden wall room. The walls should nor have gaps which will affect the thermal insulation.
You can first install our modified split AC or window AC units. Thereafter you can fix the insulation sheets on the inner walls. Then you are ready to use your converted cold storage.
How to decide the number of cooling units for a warehouse cold storage
In order to decide on converting a warehouse into a cold storage, we will require the following details form you:
- The size of the warehouse ie. Length, Width and Height of the warehouse.
- The temperature required by you. If you are not sure about the required temperature, you can inform us of the product you want to store and we will help you.
- The types of products you want to store inside the cold storage.
- If you want to operate the cold storage on generators, we will inform the required capacity.
- If you want to operate the cold storage on solar panels, we will inform the electrical requirements. In certain countries, we supply the solar panels. However, you are also free to purchase the same at your end.
You may note that it is ideal not to open the doors frequently. Else it will consume additional electricity and may not be able to sustain the right temperature. If it is essential to open the doors very frequently, we will recommend additional cooling units.
In case you require to control the humidity, we can provide humidity control systems for cold storage. Certain fruits and vegetables require the humidity at a particular level, without which the life will be shorter.
Also, see our other low-cost cold storage rooms and low-cost walk-in-chillers:
- Low-Cost Container Cold Room
- Low-Cost Dairy Cold Rooms
- Low-Cost Flower Cold Rooms
- Low-Cost Fruits & Vegetable Cold Room
We are supplying these cold storages across all African countries including Rwanda, Uganda, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Kenya, Tanzania, Djibouti, Mauritius etc.