One of the major applications for our low-cost cold rooms is by farmers for fruits and vegetables. They use these cold rooms to store their produce directly from their farms. Even small farmers with just the normal power supply can install one in their backyard.
Even they can install one next to their farm and operate it through a portable generator. It is suitable for any type of fruits and vegetables. Also, you can use for bulk storage and distribution by wholesalers and distributors. Obviously, the initial cost, operation and maintenance charges will save you thousands of dollars.
Low-cost, High-Quality Cold storage for Fruits & Vegetables; model VacKool-FV
Oru Low-cost cold rooms and walk-in-chillers are the best solutions for all fruits and vegetables. All such fresh produces are stored above zero Deg Centigrade or 32 Deg Fahrenheit. Our cold rooms are suitable only for these temperature ranges and are not suitable for freezing temperatures. We modify normal split AC and WIndow AC units using a special technology invented and manufactured in the USA. Thus obviously it becomes a lot cheaper. These are suitable for all types of fruits and vegetables.
Features of Low-cost Cold rooms model VacKool-FV
Major features of our cheap cold storage rooms and walk-in-chillers are listed below:
- They are 30 to 40% cheaper than conventional cold rooms with normal cooling units. This will save you a huge amount of money on your capital expenses.
- They will save up to 40 to 50% electricity charges based on your local tariff rates.
- As an additional feature, we provide 3 years warranty on the cooling units.
- These AC units are comparatively lighter just as in your home when compared to the big conventional cooling units. Hence the installation of these units is much cheaper and easy.
- As these consume much lower electricity, you can operate them on small generators or even on solar cells.
- They do not require a high power industrial electricity supply. Normal single phase electricity is sufficient.
- There is no limitation on the size of the cold room. It can be as small as 3-meter x 3 meters or as large as 60-meter x 60 meters.
- If you require complete peace of mind, we provide an alert system. This alert system will give you a phone call and SMS when there is a power failure or if the temperature goes above your desired limits.
- You don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars on annual maintenance. There is no special maintenance required at all.
Ideally, these cold rooms are suitable when you don’t have to open the doors more than once per 15 minutes. Else the efficiency of these units will be very low.
Low-Cost cold room with glass window for display; model VacKool-FVG
If you are operating a shop where you need to display fruits or vegetables, we can provide the low-cost cold room with glass windows on one or more side walls. We will provide a vacuum filled double glasses on those walls. All other features are same as VacKool-FV. As these provide thermal insulation, there will not be any frosting on the outer walls.
Annual comparison of the cost of our Low-Cost cold storage for Fruits & Vegetable
We are providing herewith a sample calculation of yearly savings of our cheap flower cold storage room.
|Comparison of a cold storage of size : 3 meter x 3 meter||Cold Storage with conventional cooling units
|VacKool-FV cold storages
|Savings in the first year
|Cost of the complete cold storage||6,400.00||4,600.00||1,800.00|
|Electricity charges per year||12,000.00||7,100.00||4,900.00|
|Annual Maintenance charges||500.00||–||500.00|
|Total savings in first year – USD||20,700.00||12,300.00||8,400.00|
The above comparison is merely for an understanding and in no way represent the actual figures in your country. Please contact us with your required details and we will be able to provide further details.
Controlling humidity in low-cost cold rooms for fruits and vegetables
For many of the fruits and vegetables, you may require humidity control to adjust the humidity. eg. For avocados, a humidity of 85-90% is required while cooling down. Else it will become dry. We can provide humidifiers and dehumidifiers for all such applications. Humidifiers are for increasing the humidity, while dehumidifiers are for reducing the humidity.
We supply these low-cost cold storages in all African countries including Tanzania, Kenya, Djibouti, South Africa, Egypt, Nigeria, Morocco, Maldives, Ghana, Djibouti, Uganda, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Cameroon, Mali, Sudan, Mauritius, Namibia, Libya.
Also, our Middle East division supplies these low-cost cold rooms across entire Arabic region covering United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan etc.